|Disco||1975-05-xx Philadelphia [Remaster]|
|Venue||USA, Just Jazz Club, Philadelphia, PA|
|Notes||Source: www.dimeadozen.org #516477
Original folder name: Miles Davis - 1975-05-xx Just Jazz, Philadelphia PA [AUD] [Remaster]
To update my own notes....
- Three digital clicks were found and removed.
- The balance being heavily to the left throughout was addressed, then via some light EQ the perceived L/R balalnce on the final track was corrected.
- Two dropouts of about 8.2db in the right channel in track one were brought back up to roughly similar levels.
- Tiny gaps between tracks removed.
- EQ was applied.
Cut into tracks from one big file, encoded to flac and away we go!
Recorded by Dime user michaelmee - turns up on my hard drive as noted below. Now I've done the above changes. The resulting sound is smoother and a bit more balanced - still not amazing, but you can hear the room a bit more.
This is also running here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=449445
This new version has several flaws fixed, as noted, including digital clicks, tiny gaps between two tracks, balance issues and drop-outs.
May 12-17, 1975
Just Jazz Club, Philadelphia, PA
Miles Davis (tp, kb); Sam Morrison (ts, ss, fl); Pete Cosey (g, pc); Reggie Lucas (g); Michael Henderson (b); Al Foster (d); James "Mtume" Foreman (pc)
1. Band warming up (00:32)
2. Funk [Prelude, part 1] (Tatu) (19:37)
3. Ife (cut in the middle?) (19:38)
4. Unknown (Untitled Original F, Untitled #19, Untitled Original 750505) (03:38)
total time: 43:25
Recording notes: this version of Ife is very heavy.
From Miles Ahead:
May 12-17, 1975 (4 items; TT = 43:23)
Just Jazz, Philadelphia PA
Audience recording (B)
Miles Davis Septet
Miles Davis (tpt, org); Sam Morrison (ss, ts, fl); Pete Cosey (g, perc); Reggie Lucas (g); Michael Henderson (el-b); Al Foster (d); James Mtume Forman (cga, perc)
1 Band warming up 0:31
2 Funk [Prelude, part 1] (M. Davis) 19:37
3 Ife (M. Davis) 19:36
4 Untitled Original 750505 (M. Davis) 3:39
The Davis Septet was booked for six nights at Just Jazz, May 12-17 (Monday-Friday), two sets per night (9pm and 11pm). I don't know which night or set this music is from.
"Untitled original 750505" was first performed in the studio on May 5. It was a standard set closer during May-July 1975. Davis occasionally plays organ during this tune.