|Disco||1970-04-12 San Francisco|
|Venue||USA, Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA|
|Notes||Original archive name: 1970-04-12 Fillmore West, San Francisco CA [SBD] [Remaster].zip
Original folder names:
1970-04-12 Fillmore West, San Francisco CA [SBD] [Remaster]
Spanish Key (before remaster)
- Removed several digital clicks, repaired a dropout in the right hand channel.
- Tamed a couple of wild volume fluctuations.
- EQ applied.
- Removed rumble.
- Light noise reduction.
- Cut into tracks.
The original torrent claimed there was little over 8kHz, which is correct, but everything from about 1kHz was very, very quiet and uneven, so I have addressed this to open up the sound a bit.
Reproduced below are the original notes (note I have cleaned up the flaws noted):
Miles Davis Sextet
April 12, 1970
Fillmore West Auditorium
San Francisco, CA
Project ID - LMPP214
Lineage: SBD >? >DAT @ 48 kHz >.wav via S/PDIF and M-Audio Audiophile 2496 digital soundcard >SoundForge 6.0 >CD Wave > FLAC Frontend (level 8, SBE OK)
Miles Davis (tpt); Steve Grossman (ss); Chick Corea (el-p); Dave Holland (b, el-b); Jack De Johnette (d); Airto Moreira (perc)
d1t01. It's About That Time
d1t03. I Fall in Love Too Easily
d1t07. No Blues
d1t08. Bitches Brew
d1t09. Spanish Key
d1t10. The Theme
From original text file by Milesian June 2005:
"Technical Note: During the transfer from DAT to hard drive the source DAT snapped. The portion remaining after the break was then copied to hard drive and 1:58 from the Miles Trees source was spliced in to complete the recording. Channels were swapped and pitch adjusted on the Miles Trees portion to minimize differences in acoustic character."
- d1t02: ~5:39 rch pinned / lch some minor high freq noise, ~9:48 rch pinned / lch some minor high freq noise
- d1t05: from ~9:12 thru ~9:41 ~ 16khz carrier appears (not audible)
- d1t07 ~ 0:02 rch pnned / lch some minor high freq noise
- d1t08: ~0:14 two closely spaced discontinuites (maybe a few samples are missing); ~2:08 rch pinned for .2 seconds, lch some high freq noise; ~5:51 brief rch pop/glitch; 9:52 thru ~ 11:53 "hiss" level rises
General comments about source quality:
- source audio signal insigificant above 8kHz,
- hiss level unobtrusive compared to LMPP215
- Poster billed band as "Miles Davis Quintet" though 6 musicians performed
- "Credit to Peter Losin, http://www.plosin.com/" for lineup information
- QC done by mfv